PET INSURANCE MAY MAKE CARING FOR YOUR PET MORE AFFORDABLE.
Time and time again, we’ve seen it help families take better care of their animal companions and afford life-saving procedures for their pets.
Like health insurance for people, pet policies have different deductibles, co-payments, and premiums. You should also be aware that with most policies, the pet owner must pay the vet bills in full, file a claim, and then wait for reimbursement from the insurance company.
It’s a good idea to do your homework prior to signing up for a plan and, as you make up your mind, consider the following questions:
- Is there a physical exam required to get coverage?
- What percentage of the bill does the company pay after the deductible?
- Are there co-pays?
- Does the plan cover pre-existing conditions and recurring medical problems?
- Can you choose any veterinarian or animal hospital?
- Are prescription drugs covered?
- Does the policy pay if your pet is being treated and dies?