X-rays are one of the most common and useful diagnostic tools in medicine. At Crestview Veterinary Hospital, we use digital X-rays to examine your pet’s bones, lungs, heart, abdomen, oral cavity, and other areas and for diagnosing and monitoring many medical and surgical conditions. If we suspect your pet has a fractured bone, has swallowed a foreign object, or is suffering from a heart problem, an X-ray can tell us what we need to know.
To provide you with the highest quality North Carolina veterinary care for your pet, we have invested in two standard digital X-Ray units and two digital dental X-Ray machines. There are many important advantages to digital X-rays:
- They are immediately able to be viewed on a computer monitor.
- The clear, detailed images can be manipulated to get a better view of your pet’s bones and internal organs, leading to a faster and more accurate diagnosis.
- They take less time to process, which means less time for your pet on the X-ray table (and less stress), and less waiting time for you.
- No harsh chemicals are needed to develop the images, reducing potential harm to staff and the environment.
- If a second opinion is necessary, digital X-rays can be sent to a specialist by email.
Advanced diagnostic capabilities are an extremely important part of veterinary medicine, in part because we can’t simply ask patients what is wrong. The hospitals’ investment in digital X-ray technology reflects our commitment to offering you and your pet the best, most comprehensive veterinary healthcare available.